Natural quartz sand is a non-metallic mineral whose main mineral component is SiO2. It is used in glass, casting, ceramics and refractory materials, and smelting ferrosilicon.
Its main mineral component is SiO2, the color of quartz sand is milky white, or colorless translucent, hardness 7, brittle without cleavage, conchoidal fracture, grease luster, density is 2.65, bulk density (1-20 mesh is 1.6 ), 20-200 mesh is 1.5.
Uses in various industries:
1. Glass: the main raw materials for flat glass, float glass, glass products (glass jars, glass bottles, glass tubes, etc.), optical glass, glass fiber, glass instruments, conductive glass, glass cloth and special radiation-proof glass.
2. Ceramics and refractory materials: raw materials such as blanks and glazes for porcelain, high-silica bricks, ordinary silica bricks and silicon carbide for kilns.
3. Metallurgy: raw materials or additives and fluxes of silicon metal, ferrosilicon alloy and silicon aluminum alloy.
4. Construction: concrete, cementitious materials, road construction materials, artificial marble, cement physical properties testing materials (ie cement standard sand), etc.
5. Chemical industry: raw materials such as silicon compound and water glass, filling of sulfuric acid tower, amorphous silica powder.
6. Machinery: the main raw materials of foundry sand, abrasive materials (sandblasting, hard abrasive paper, sandpaper, emery cloth, etc.).
7. Electronics: high-purity metal silicon, optical fiber for communication, etc.
8. rubber, plastic: filler (can improve wear resistance).
9. coating: filler (can improve the weather resistance of the coating).
Quartz powder is divided into two production methods: dry method and water method:
1. Dry production of quartz powder, the main equipment are stone knocking machine, pulverizer, vibrating screen and so on. The technological process is that the quartz stone ore is processed into smaller stones through a stone knocking machine, the stone materials are then processed by a pulverizer, and then screened by a vibrating screen. Inventory completed.
2. To produce quartz powder by water method, the main equipments include stone knocking machine, stone grinding machine, baking room, vibrating screen, waterway system, etc.
The technological process is roughly as follows: the quartz stone ore is processed into smaller stones by a stone knocking machine, and the stone is then rolled into sand particles by a stone roller. The sand is transported into the roasting room to be baked into dry sand, and then sieved by a vibrating screen. During the screening process, the iron is removed by using a magnet bar and a de-magnet, and then it is packaged and stored in the warehouse.
Quartz powder produced by dry method is divided into two grades: ordinary quartz powder and refined quartz powder. When the quartzite ore is mined from the mountain, it has a yellowish-brown skin. The product that selects the smaller quartz stone material and directly crushes and sieves it is called ordinary quartz powder, which is yellow-brown and white in appearance. The large mineral material is selected, and the yellow-brown outer skin of the surface is manually removed, and then the refined quartz powder is obtained, which is white and bright, like white sugar. Because the processing process is time-consuming and expensive, the price is higher.
The quartz powder produced by the water method is divided into ordinary quartz powder and refined quartz powder. The smaller quartz stone material is processed into ordinary quartz powder, and the large quartz stone material is processed into refined quartz powder. Compared with dry method quartz powder, water method quartz powder produces less equipment iron and washes away impurities in the production process, such as iron content and impurities are less than dry method quartz powder, but its processing is more labor-intensive. material, so the price is higher.