Semiconductor products are composed of integrated circuits (ICs, also known as chips), discrete components, optoelectronic products and sensors, of which integrated circuits are the main part. The integrated circuit industry is the foundation and core of the information industry, and is the leading and pillar industry for the modernization and informatization of the national economy.
The chip manufacturing process includes chip design, wafer production, chip packaging and testing:
1) Chip design: Chip design is the top of the industry, including circuit design, layout design and mask production. The main aspect of design is circuit design, which requires consideration of many factors and involves multiple knowledge structures. Layout design and photomasking can be done with the help of computer programs;
2) Wafer production: including wafer production, mask photolithography, wafer processing and testing. Among them, the photomask etching process is the most complex, and etching requirements are getting higher and higher. The purification and cutting of high-purity silicon wafers also relies on process technology. At present, the main cost of chips lies in the wafer production process;
3) Chip packaging: Chip packaging is the cutting, wiring, welding, and assembly testing of IC wafers that have been produced. It is in the downstream of the industry, and the overall process and technology are constantly developing;
4) Chip testing: It is the testing of finished chips and is a quality control link.
In the semiconductor integrated circuit process, a large number of quartz products are needed. According to the different working environment temperatures, they are divided into two categories: high-temperature process and low-temperature process. High-temperature process includes diffusion, oxidation, etc., and low-temperature process includes etching, packaging, photonics, etc. Engraving, cleaning, etc.
1) In high-temperature processes, quartz products need to work continuously for several hours at temperatures above 1,000 degrees, so quartz products need to be resistant to high temperatures, have good thermal stability, and are not easily deformed; the main component of quartz products is silica, and the hydroxyl group changes the The bonding structure of silicon reduces the thermal stability of the material, resulting in a significant reduction in the temperature resistance of quartz products. Therefore, quartz products used in high-temperature processes need to undergo dehydroxylation treatment. In addition, the performance requirements of quartz products due to high-temperature processes include corrosion resistance, good light transmittance, and low impurity content.
2) The working temperature of the low-temperature process is relatively low, there are no high temperature resistance requirements for quartz products, and there are no requirements for the hydroxyl content of quartz materials. In low-temperature processes, the performance requirements of quartz products are mainly corrosion resistance, good light transmittance, and low impurity content.
Various high-purity quartz products:
Quartz boat for integrated circuits
Transparent quartz glass tubes for semiconductors