Artificial granite is made of unsaturated polyester resin as a binder, combined with natural marble or calcite, dolomite, silica sand, glass powder and other inorganic powders, as well as an appropriate amount of curing agent, flame retardant, color, etc. An artificial stone made by molding and curing by mixing, casting, vacuuming, etc.
Quartz stone plate is made of more than 93% quartz sand, unsaturated polyester resin and other adhesives, which are mixed with ingredients, vacuum high pressure and high vibration, and kiln heating and curing.
The splicing of the granite is seamless, the toughness is good, the shape is changeable, the color is various, the color is soft, and the problem is easy to repair. After using it for too long, it can be re-sharpened and it will be as bright as new. However, the hardness is poor, the load-bearing deformation and the scratch resistance of hard objects are slightly inferior. Granite is resistant to high temperature to about 90 degrees, but it should not be in contact with overheated objects for a long time.
Quartz stone has high hardness, high temperature resistance, scratch resistance, anti-penetration, anti-deformation and high gloss. However, the special-shaped shape is not easy to process, it is difficult to make complex shapes, and it is difficult to repair the bumped corners, and it is impossible to achieve seamless seams.
Price: Quartz is generally more expensive than granite.
1. Compared with granite, quartz stone has more expensive processing equipment, fewer manufacturers and higher ex-factory price. 2. The better quartz stones are basically in other places. The product chain is: supplier–>regional agent–>cabinet factory–>end customer, while artificial stone is: supplier–>cabinet factory –> For end customers, the price of quartz stone will be more expensive if there is one more link. 3. For new things or not so “old” compared to granite, the price is not too transparent, and many merchants will give customers higher prices.
Aesthetics: Quartz is slightly inferior.
1. For the back water blocking of the countertop, the granite can achieve a circular arc transition; and because the quartz stone is used for the back water blocking on site, it is directly bonded to the countertop against the wall with the special glue for quartz stone.
2. Seams: Granite can be seamlessly connected; quartz stone will have a faint line, and it is still very difficult to completely achieve seamless. Generally, when the quartz stone is in the seam, wash the interface with Tianna water, the effect will be better.
3. The effect of the front water blocking can be very close to that of the granite, but it is slightly inferior in terms of radian.
4. Relatively speaking, stone polishing is easier and the effect is better. It just doesn’t last long when you use it.
Installation: Granite is faster and quartzite dust is relatively less.
Now the installation of quartz stone countertops requires additional subsidies to the master. Because the quartz stone is too heavy, it will take longer to connect the back water, grind the edges, open the stove hole, etc. on the spot.
Quartz stone generally has transparent or translucent particles, this is because the main component of quartz stone is quartz crystal;
The granite is mostly opaque particles, and its main material is composed of acrylic and natural stone powder;
Generally, the thickness of quartz stone is about 15 centimeters, and the thickness of granite is about 11-12 centimeters.
The coolness of quartz stone is more like the touch of natural stone, and the feel of granite is warm and delicate, similar to the texture of high-grade plastic.
Some people say that a knife is used to scratch the board, some people say that you use acid to soak, these are all correct, but what we want to teach is a simple method, so that people who don’t understand stone and don’t understand chemistry can easily identify the authenticity.
Just look at the back of the stone. The back of the real quartz stone is polished by the turntable, and it is the scratch of the arc, and the scratches are obvious. The back of the stone is relatively flat. It is cross-cut, it is a faint straight mark, or there is no scratch. Therefore, if there are arc scratches on the back, it is a real quartz plate, and if the back is straight or not, it is a granite.