In the past 100 years, polymer synthetic resins and synthetic rubbers produced from petroleum have brought a variety of plastic and chemical fiber products to our lives. Cotton, silk, hemp, wood and other natural resources.
However, due to the continuous reduction of oil reserves after years of human exploitation, the global petrochemical industry has felt unprecedented resource pressure, and the global war has been bombarded and even intensified since the Second World War, causing serious damage to our living environment. serious pollution and huge waste of resources.
“The End of Oil” was written by American scholar Paul Birberts after the “9.11” incident in the United States. This book conveys the message to us: “Our current energy system is heading for failure, and the next energy economy is going to fail. The contours of the world are taking shape, whether we like it or not, it is brewing…” He quoted a sentence: The end of the Stone Age is not that there is no stone in the world, but that better alternative tools have been found.
If we choose silica (stone, sand), the earth’s extremely abundant resource, to produce organic silicon, and use it to replace petroleum materials to produce clothes, shoes, plastic furniture, cars, buildings and other daily necessities, then our The world will become a more beautiful new world full of the light of human wisdom. This is no longer a dream, and she will realize it one by one with our own hands in the near future.
It has been more than 60 years since the synthesis of silicone resin, silicone oil and silicone rubber in the 1940s. During this time, great changes have taken place in various process technologies. Especially in the past two decades, the global silicone industry has , From silicon powder processing to monomer synthesis and intermediate polymerization, it has reached a high-speed growth period with mature technology and soaring output.
At present, the global production capacity of siloxanes is about 1130kt/a, nearly doubled from 550-650kt/a in 1995, with an average annual growth rate of 7%. Divided by industry, the consumption of silicone is composed of 40% of chemical-related industries such as rubber, resin, paint, fiber, paper, and cosmetics, 20% of electronic appliances, 20% of civil engineering and construction, and 20% of others.
In the past ten years, China’s silicone industry has narrowed the gap with the developed countries in the world in terms of technology and output with the joint efforts of scientific and technological workers and industry colleagues across the country. In RTV building sealant, HTV high temperature adhesive, silicone oil, silane coupling agent production technology has reached or approached the world advanced level.
However, the current output of monomers (methylchlorosilane) in China is far from meeting the needs of the development of the silicone market. Even after two years, the total monomers will not add up to 500kt/a. This situation has seriously restricted the development of China’s organic silicon industry.
1. Brief description of the development purpose, variety and market of organic silicon synthetic leather
(1) Purpose: The development purpose of organosilicon synthetic leather is to develop breathable, environmentally friendly and high-quality synthetic leather, increase the variety of synthetic leather colors, and improve the competitiveness of Chinese synthetic leather products in the global market.
At present, the elastic materials for producing synthetic leather are mainly polyurethane rubber (PU) and elastic polyvinyl chloride (PVC) sol, both of which are petroleum products. The respiratory tract has certain adverse effects, thus limiting the application of synthetic leather in more fields.
The development of silicone synthetic leather is due to the silicone polymer elastomer, which has: breathable, environmentally friendly, non-toxic, excellent physiological compatibility, waterproof, anti-fouling, supple, smooth, hydrophobic, flame retardant, deodorant, atmospheric aging resistance 30-50 years, low temperature – high temperature: -73-260 ℃ and other characteristics.
The development of organic silicon synthetic leather, there are the following considerations: First, the oil is facing the crisis of depletion. The second is the call of the times and the market for environmentally friendly products; the third is the urgent need of human beings to improve the quality of life; the fourth is the global need to build a harmonious society, protect animals and protect the environment. Fifth, silicone polymer materials will replace petroleum polymer materials and become a rookie of new polymer materials in the future.
(2) Variety and characteristics: The variety developed by organosilicon synthetic leather is the organic combination of organosilicon polymer elastomer and functional nanomaterials, and it will become the most advanced nanopolymer new material in the world today. Its varieties are: ① waterproof breathable leather; ② antibacterial and deodorant leather; ③ anti-ultraviolet leather; ④ anti-aging leather; ⑤ anti-radiation leather; ⑥ anti-static leather; ⑦ health care leather; Disposable leather and other varieties.
Features of silicone synthetic leather: There are differences in structure and smoothness between silicone synthetic leather and silicone rubber cloth. Silicone synthetic leather has a three-layer structure, which is composed of base cloth-silica gel-surface coating layer. It has excellent quality unique to silicone multi-layer composite materials such as smoothness, breathability, temperature resistance and weather resistance.
(3) Market operation: Trade name: Xilikang (happy, beautiful, healthy) synthetic leather. Abbreviation: “Xili leather”. Also known as: Xi Li Kang Sai real leather. English name: Silicone Synthetic Leather Abbreviation: SSL organic silicon synthetic leather.
(4) Market application prospect analysis
To sum up, in view of the special functions of various “Xili leather”, the application field of silicone synthetic leather is very wide, which can be used in furniture, shoes, hats, clothing, construction, packaging, medical and health, vehicles, aviation, aerospace, Military, ships, agricultural preservation, heat preservation and other fields. Its market application prospect will be very broad.
2. Development and application prospect analysis of organosilicon synthetic fibers
Since 1938, the history of the synthetic fiber industry with petroleum as raw material has been close to 70 years. , we developed silicone synthetic fibers, and applied for a national invention patent on June 3, 2005.
Silicone synthetic fibers have many advantages that petroleum-based synthetic fibers do not have, such as: high and low temperature resistance, aging resistance, breathability, and hydrophobicity. These properties are enough to change the perception that existing synthetic fibers have shortcomings. Silicone elastomer is one of the earliest macromolecules modified with nanomaterials, and silicone synthetic fibers are the shining crystallization of the perfect combination of the two.
(1) Development of silicone synthetic fiber varieties
The basic material of organosilicon synthetic fiber is mainly composed of two parts: one is organosilicon polymer (silicon rubber, organosilicon resin and organosilicon modified hydrocarbon polymer) and vulcanization system; Sexual powder; after the combination of these two parts through a special process, a new type of synthetic fiber with colorful and different functions can be produced.
(2) The commercial name of silicone synthetic fiber: Xilikang (happy, beautiful, healthy) synthetic silk. Abbreviation: “Shells”. English name: Silicone Synthetic fibre. (Abbreviation: SSF) Silicone synthetic fiber.
(3) Analysis of application prospects and economic benefits of organosilicon synthetic leather and synthetic fibers Chinese Patent Law stipulates that the term of patent protection is 20 years. Only take the clothing, shoes, hats, boxes and bags industry calculation: according to the most conservative figures, in 18 years, the benefits created by the two patents in the world will be very amazing. If the construction, vehicle, industry, agriculture, military, medical, health care and other fields are included, the return on investment will be even more impressive…